Are you interested in?
- An insider’s whisky tasting tour in a Tokyo bar of Japan’s finest aged labels
- Small-group tours are capped, guaranteeing an intimate and personalized experience
- Discover a favorite insider’s spot, and soak up the hip atmosphere of a locally-run Tokyo bar
- Sample whiskies that are usually difficult to find and very expensive, all part of the tasting tour
Departure & Return
Departure PointGinza Station, 4-chōme-1-2 Ginza, Chuo City, Tokyo 104-0061, Japan
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A current valid passport or identification card is required on the day of travel (proof of age may be required at bars)
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Dress code is smart casual
- Location change: in some cases, if the local bars in Ginza are not available, the location may be changed but will still be within Central Tokyo. We will notify you of the change within 7 days prior to the event date, unless otherwise specified.
- Minimum age is 20 years (drinking age in Japan)
- Minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Smoking: please be aware that many establishments, especially bars, will allow smoking in Japan
- Near public transportation
- What is Japanese whisky?
- Whisky may not be originally from Japan, but recent years saw the world taking notice of whisky bottles coming out of the country. Japanese whisky brands Suntory and Nikka, etc., have now joined the ranks of its Scottish counterparts in terms of quality ratings and popularity.
- What kinds of Japanese whisky will I be tasting?
- The whisky selection will be different each day, depending on availability. Some examples are: Chita, Yamazaki 12, Hakushyu 18, Hibiki Blender’s Choice, Yamazaki 1982, and other whisky.
- In this 2 hour small group Japanese whisky tasting tour, visit a local bar with your tour guide to taste various types of Japanese whisky (4 – 5 short glasses, depending on availability) and learn about the subtleties and differences of these different brands, how the whiskies are aged and what sets the Japanese whisky apart from others around the world. You will also be able to experience what a local bar in Tokyo feels like, as you enjoy the atmosphere, talk to the bartender (with the help of your English-speaking tour guide) and sip on your chilled whisky (spelled “whisky” not “whiskey” in Japan). Some rare Japanese aged whisky may be available for purchase (not included) at the bar for guests interested
- Please note that this tour will be at a local bar only, and does NOT include a distillery tour.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Japan Awaits
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "We had whiskey's we knew about and dreamt of tasting, and better yet, whiskeys that we would not normally be available to us as it is only available from direct from distillery." See review