Are you interested in?
- Day trip to Jigokudani Snow Monkey Park and Zenkoji Temple
- Leave Tokyo by the fast shinkansen (bullet train)
- Travel to the Nagano Prefecture in just two hours
- Visit Zenkoji Temple, a monument with sacred images and statues
- See monkeys in the hot springs at Jigokudani Snow Monkey Park
- Enjoy a small-group experience, limited to just six people
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pickup from any hotel in Tokyo 23 wards.
What To Expect
Relax on the 2-hour journey, then disembark at Nagano Station for the start of your tour. Stroll around Zenkoji Temple, which was built before the introduction of Buddhism in Japan, then explore the shopping street nearby to shop for keepsakes and local food.
From Zenkoji, you’ll travel onward to Jigokudani Snow Monkey Park, home to a powerful geyser and wild snow monkeys. Legend has it the local people once feared the geyser, naming it Jigokudani, which means “hell valley.” The monkeys felt no fear though, and each winter they continue to gather at the park’s famous hot spring.
After the visit to the park, you’ll return to the station for the journey back to Tokyo. Your day trip ends at the Tokyo station.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A maximum of six people per booking
- Minimum age is 10 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Beauty of Japan
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by See Snow Monkeys on a Private Day Trip from Tokyo by Bullet Train.