Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- You MUST have one of the following combinations of licenses to drive in Japan: ・Home country license with International Driving Permit (your country must be a signatory to the 1949 Geneva Convention to get this IDP, no others will be accepted here) and passport ・If you are from (Switzerland, Germany, France, Belgium, Slovenia, or Monaco), you need your countries license, Official Japanese Translation, and Passport ・SOFA license if you are stationed in Japan ・Japanese Driving License
- Can I bring a friend so we can switch driving during the tour? →You may bring along a second driver as long as they have the correct documentation for driving in Japan. You'll get the chance to switch (once only) halfway through tour when we take a break.
- Can I bring passengers? →Yes, you can bring as many passengers as you like as long as the car can accommodate it. It's free of charge. We have a child seat you can use it for free.
- What if I forget to bring a valid international driving license for driving in Japan? →If you fail to bring the correct documents, we may not join the activity and cannot receive a refund. You can change your reservation for free if there is availability.
- What happens if I arrive late? →The tours start on time, so we require you to arrive at least 15 minutes before your reservation. We can wait no longer than 15 minutes after your reservation (if we have availability, it may be possible to reschedule, but it's not guaranteed). If you arrive later, it will be considered a no-show and no refund can be issued.
- Is there any insurance included? → You must pay for any damages caused. If you refuse to pay, the authorities will be notified immediately, and legal action will be taken. Our service is covered by insurance as required by law. However, not everything is covered; here are the terms and conditions below: • Compensation for injury to pedestrian/other drivers: All covered by insurance. • Compensation for any damage to public/private property or other vehicles: Minimum fee of JPY200,000 (maximum JPY500,000). • Compensation for passengers/driver’s personal injury due to accident: Up to JPY 30 million is covered by insurance; the driver must pay anything higher than this amount. • Any damage to the vehicle caused by the driver MUST pay a minimum repair cost of JPY200,000 (maximum JPY500,000). • Also, a Loss of Earnings fee will be charged to the driver due to the damage repair period. Minimum JPY200,000 (maximum JPY500,00).
- Can I still drive if I have consumed alcohol? →Absolutely not! If we suspect that you have consumed alcohol (or drugs) before driving, we will cancel your reservation without the possibility of a refund. Here are examples of punishments for drink driving in Japan: • If BAC is a minimum of 0.03%, you can be imprisoned up to 3 years with a fine up to JPY500,000. • If BAC is higher than 0.03%, this may increase up to 5 years imprisonment and a fine up to JPY1 million. • If a driver causes injury or death due to drink driving, you may be imprisoned up 15 years (injury) and up to 20 years (death).
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY TOKYO DRIFT
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
See all safety measures taken by Driving Experience With Nissan Skyline GTR34 in Tokyo / Shibuya Crossing Course.