Tokyo Afternoon : Asakuasa, Sumida River Cruise Half Day Tour
- Afternoon tour of Tokyo’s highlights and Sumida River cruise, from central Tokyo
- Take in aerial views of Tokyo from 40 stories high at the Tokyo Tower
- Tour the revered Asakusa Kannon Temple and check out traditional vendors on Nakamise Shopping Street
- Cruise along the Sumida River for a fresh look at Tokyo
- Includes expert guide, hotel pickup, transportation, entrance fees, and souvenir map
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Departure PointTokyo Station, 1 Chome-9 Marunouchi, Chiyoda City, Tokyo 100-0005, Japan
Return DetailsTokyo Station, 1 Chome-9 Marunouchi, Chiyoda City, Tokyo 100-0005, Japan
What To Expect
First, head to the 40-story-tall Tokyo Tower to enjoy magnificent 360-degree views from the skyscraper’s observation platform. From this unique vantage point, you can spot the city’s iconic Tokyo Skytree and, when the weather’s clear, even the majestic Mount Fuji.
Soon you arrive at Asakusa Kannon Temple (Senso-ji), which dates to AD 645, and is known as the city’s most famous Buddhist religious site. Listen as your guide details the temple's fascinating history and then admire its idyllic gardens, intricate architecture and sturdy gates. Next exit the temple via the Hozomon Gate, continuing on to the Nakamise shopping area, a commercial district where you can browse the many vendors offering traditional Japanese souvenirs and snacks.
Finish your day by heading to the Sumida River to begin your cruise. Climb aboard your vessel as you glide beneath 12 of the city’s many bridges, listening to a recorded audio guide that adds context about the history of this unique urban waterway.
Step back on land at Hinode Pier, where you return to your coach for a drop-off and receive a complimentary souvenir map to continue your own explorations of this one-of-a-kind city.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Participants using wheelchairs must be accompanied by a friend or family member in order to board/disembark all public transportation without assistance from tour guides.
- Please contact us in advance when using a wheelchair. Electric wheelchairs are not available,folding is possible.
- The order of activities and arrival times may differ depending on road conditions and congestion at destinations.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Cherry Blossom Season (around mid-March - early April) and Winter Schedule (December to mid-March) - As the schedule of Sumida River Cruise will be altered, arrival time may be delayed.The Sumida River Cruise ride may be switched to cherry blossom viewing at Sumida Park due to congestion.
- Children under age 6 may participate for free, but will not be provided with their own bus seats and must sit on the lap of their parent or guardian. If a seat on the bus is required for the child, please make a booking at the Child rate.
- This tour will visit Tokyo tower, Asakusa, Sumida river cruise. At Tokyo Tower, only the main deck (150 m) will be visited. An additional admission fee is required to access the top deck (250 m). Those who wish to enter must pay the required charges at the location.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Cancellation charges will still be levied even if participants miss the tour departure time and cancel their booking as a result of late arrival to Japan due to flight delays from inclement weather, etc., so please be aware of this when booking.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY JTB Global Marketing & Travel Inc.
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Tokyo Afternoon : Asakuasa, Sumida River Cruise Half Day Tour.