Explore our promoted experiences
- Small-group tour (maximum 7): Ensures a personal experience
- Go off the beaten track: See parts of the city missed by most visitors
- Includes street food snacks and a local-style lunch
- Get insights into local life and culture from your guide
Departure & Return
The tour will commence directly outside the electronic ticket gates of Koenji Station on the JR Train Network. Koenji Station is only two stops by train from Shinjuku Station (6 min) or five stops by train from Shibuya Station (18 min).
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This is a ‘no-fuss’ Tokyo cycling, walking and food tour with an emphasis on socialising, exploration and local discovery. There won’t be any major sightseeing or ‘fine dining’ stops on our itinerary.
- For the enjoyment of the group and your personal safety, you are expected to be competent riding a bicycle in an urban environment through narrow and potentially crowded streets and on uneven surfaces for a distance of roughly 12 - 15 km (7.5 - 9.5 mi).
- Guests should be over 140 cm in height (4'7) to comfortably ride the bikes and helmets can be provided for all participants on request.
- All salvaged ‘mamachari’ bicycles are ‘Japanese-sized’ and come equipped with front baskets that have the capacity to hold a standard sized backpack.
- Near public transportation
- Japanese cuisine often contains meat and seafood elements, with ‘dashi’ being a common base ingredient. Please understand that we will be visiting typical local eateries and that it can be difficult to cater to personal tastes, dietary requirements and food allergies.
- Group size, environmental factors and the speed in which the group eats and cycles will all impact on the finishing time of our bike tour. As a rough guide, it’s a 3.5 to 4 hour outing.
- Please appreciate that you have chosen an outdoor activity that may be impacted by the weather. If we encounter a rainy day, basic ponchos will be provided and our cycling tour generally proceeds as planned.
- By attending this Tokyo bike tour you acknowledge the adventurous nature of the ride and that participation can involve a degree of personal risk. Cycling liability insurance is included for the cycling portion of our experience but you are expected to possess comprehensive travel insurance to protect yourself from unforeseen incidents.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- OPERATED BY DIG Tokyo Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff