- 3-hour walking tour of Tokyo’s nighttime food scene, with all tastings included
- Visit 3 eateries that few visitors know about
- Try local favorites such as yakitori, monjayaki and wagashi
- Wash your food down with a refreshing beer or sake
- Learn about Tokyo’s culinary scene from your expert local guide
- Small-group tour limited to 12 people ensures a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
JR Yurakucho station, Ginza exit, in front of JR Reservation Ticket office (entrance is on the street level)
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Next, venture to Monja Street to sample the local delicacy of monjayaki, a pan-fried pancake favored by locals. Learn about the snack’s interesting origin as you chat with your chef and listen to your pancake sizzling on the grill.
Continue to Ginza, a district thronged with confectionery shops, while learning about the rich variety of Japanese sweets. Sample a sweet then conclude your culinary tour at a local pub that serves refreshing local beverages (own expense). Bid your guide and group farewell but feel free to remain in the bar after the tour concludes.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Minimum age is 12 years old
- Legal drinking age in Tokyo is 20; customers under 20 years of age will only be served non-alcoholic drinks
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- As the Delta variant of COVID-19 has proven to be highly transmissible and poses significant increased safety risk, effective September 1, 2021, travellers aged 18+ must produce proof of COVID-19 vaccination on Intrepid Urban Adventures tours. Children aged 6-17 must present a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery, or proof of vaccination.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Urban Adventures - Japan
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Tokyo by Night: Japanese Food Small Group or Private Tour.