- Morning tour with sunrise at Kata Tjuta and walk in Valley of the Winds
- Visit spectacular lookout points in Uluru–Kata Tjuta National Park
- Enjoy the sublime colors of sunrise over Kata Tjuta
- Snack on a light breakfast while watching the sun rise
- Take a guided walk in Valley of the Winds for a closer look at sacred Kata Tjuta
Departure & Return
|Monday - Sunday:||04:00 AM - 06:00 AM|
Please arrive 15 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Arrive at Kata Tjuta in time to catch the sunrise over the 36 domes while eating a light breakfast. Your guide fills you in on their geological origins and the reasons they are sacred to the Anangu people. Snap photos of the sun coming up over the red sandstone formations from the vantage point of the western dune viewing area. Set off on a guided walk through the Valley of the Winds, stopping at Karu lookout and—if you're up for the challenge--Karingana lookout for panoramic views. For a more leisurely hike, opt for a walk between the towering domes. Use the time to ask your guide any questions about this ancient and sacred area.
Return to your accommodations by midday, which leaves the afternoon free for other activities.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, and the Australian desert can be quite cool in the early morning. Please dress appropriately
- A considerable amount of walking is involved, please ensure appropriate footwear is warn
- You will be required to bring your own water bottles, which altogether are able to hold a minimum capacity of 2 litres per person (these can be filled with water on board the coach).
- National Park Pass is free of charge to December 31 2020 and $25 per person thereafter
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY AAT Kings
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "Early start with a stop to enjoy the Uluru and Kata Tjuta sunrise." See review
- "I highly recommend this tour and if your lucky enough to have these boys as your guides you’ll be laughing all the way up and through the majestic Kata Tjutas!" See review
- "It is definitely a grade 4 walk and Valley of Winds is windy!!!" See review