- 3-day Cappadocia trip from Kayseri with an expert local guide
- Visit Monk’s Valley and Göreme Open-Air Museum
- Upgrade to include a Cappadocia hot air balloon ride
- Trek through Rose Valley, explore the village of Çavuşin, and visit Kaymakli Underground City
- Pose for pictures against the surreal backdrop of Ortahisar Castle
- 4-star hotel accommodation in Cappadocia plus a round-trip airport transfer from Kayseri Airport included
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Kayseri Erkilet Airport, Ahmet Yasevi Mahallesi, Merkez, Mustafa Kemal Paşa Blv., 38090 Kocasinan/Kayseri, Turkey
What To Expect
Day 1: Kayseri – Cappadocia (D)
Depending on the option selected, enjoy either a worry-free transfer from Kayseri Airport or a hotel pickup in the greater Cappadocia area for your 3-day Cappadocia tour. Then, travel by air-conditioned coach to your cave hotel for check-in. After dropping off your bags, continue to stunning Dervent Valley Area and hop out to view the impressive landscape in Pasabag (Monk’s Valley).
Next, head to Avanos, a village famous for its pottery making and stop for lunch. Continue to Pigeon Valley and learn how pigeons were bred in caves for so their droppings could be used as fertilizer. Afterwards, drive to Göreme Open-Air Museum and see the collection of rock-carved churches and chapels that are prime examples of Cappadocia’s Byzantine history.
Day 2: Cappadocia (B, D)
If you optioned for the hot air balloon flight over Cappadocia’s landscape get ready for a sunrise to remember. Bright and early, enjoy a short ride to the hot air balloon office for a tasty buffet breakfast. Explore different vantage points of Cappadocia’s fairy chimneys and fascinating rock formations that were weathered by natural forces over millennia. After snapping your last photo, gracefully land and enjoy a glass of Champagne. Then head back to your hotel to meet the rest of your group.
If you decided to pass on the balloon flight, enjoy a tranquil morning at your hotel. In the late morning, everyone will meet up and continue to Rose Valley for a leisurely hike. Along your walk, see red-hued rocks expand over a striking reach of land. Watch as your guide points out the abundance of tunnels and churches chiseled into the walls of rock. End the walk at Çavuşin and stop at the cave mosque. Then, enjoy free time to explore more and stop for lunch (own expense).
Rendezvous with your coach and journey to Kaymakli Underground City, Cappadocia’s most well-maintained subsurface attractions. Then, experience what life was like for early Christians who hid here from persecution. Hop back on your coach and head to Ortahisar home of the huge monolithic Ortahisar Castle. Explore the craggy homes lining the streets and grab photos of the massive fortification that rises high above the village. Journey past Pigeon Valley back to your hotel for dinner and, if time allows, take a slight detour for a wine-tasting at a local cellar.
Day 3: Cappadocia – Kayseri (B)
After a nice breakfast at your cave hotel end your 3-day trip with a ride back to Kayseri Airport or if you are staying longer your preferred Cappadocia accommodation.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Please note: You must contact your local service provider 24 hours prior to the tour to reconfirm your departure point and time
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Children under 6 can not join balloon tour.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Neon Tours
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience