- Full-day Varanasi culture and Sarnath trip
- View Varanasi’s main temples, including the Vishwanath Temple and Sankat Mochan monkey temple
- Drive to Sarnath, where the Lord Buddha gave his first sermon
- Opt to visit Sarnath Museum to see its ancient and medieval artefacts
- See the lit-up 'ghats' (riverside steps) and Ganga Aarti ceremony on an evening River Ganges boat ride
- Private transport, and hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Personalized attention from a private guide
Departure & Return
Departure PointCentral Varanasi hotels
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
On route, hear about the 18th-century shrine, one of India’s most famous Hindu temples. Admire the gold-coated building, and uncover some of the Hindu beliefs that make it a magnet for thousands of pilgrims.
Next, see the Hindu Banaras University on route to Bharat Mata, nicknamed the 'Mother India Temple.' Then, continue to two further shrines: the Durga Temple and Sankat Mochan, called for ‘Monkey Temple’ for its colonies of monkeys.
Following lunch at a local restaurant (own expense), drive to nearby Sarnath, a holy place of the Lord Buddha. Hear how Buddha gave his first sermon in this deer park in 528 BC, and opt to visit Sarnath Museum, where antiquities from India’s archaic, medieval, and Gupta periods are displayed.
Lastly, return to Varanasi and enjoy an early evening boat trip along the River Ganges. Admire the beautifully illuminated ghats and see the floating lamps of the enchanting Ganga Aarti ceremony from the water as you sail.
After your cruise, your tour finishes with a drop-off at your Varanasi hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A maximum of 10 people per booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Memorable India Journeys Pvt. Ltd.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff