- View the sunrise over the ghats along the Ganges
- Visit several popular temples
- Witness a puja ritual and learn about Hindu customs
- Includes light breakfast, transportation, private guide, and hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Cruise along the Ganges River in the company of your guide, who shares informative commentary about Hindu mythology. From the water, you can view the sun as it rises over the enormous ghats of Varanasi. Starting at the city’s most prominent bathing ghat, Assi Ghat, and travel through the 5000-year history of Varanasi. The boat ride ends at Manikarnika, the cremation ghat.
Next up, visit Kashi Vishwanath, a 17th-century temple that is one of the most popular pilgrimage destinations in north India. Participate in the morning puja (ceremonial prayers), then stop at a local restaurant for a vegetarian breakfast.
After breakfast, head to Sankat Mochan Temple, dedicated to the monkey god Hanuman. Devotees offer yellow sweets to the temple deity at Sankat Mochan, which translates as 'the one who relieves you from all the troubles.' Your final stop takes in the new Vishwanath temple (aka Birla temple), a replica of the original temple that is decorated with intricately carved white marble.
Your tour ends with a transfer back to your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Group discount is available
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY GeTS Holidays
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff