Explore our promoted experiences
- Explore two of Venice's most famous attractions with an art historian guide
- Discover the private apartments, government chambers, and prison of the Doge's Palace
- Skip the long lines with priority access (April to October)
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
Guide will wait for you by the column with a lion on Top - the column is near the water
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Make your way to the opulent, Italo-Byzantine exterior of St. Mark’s Basilica, and bypass the long entrance lines with priority access. Marvel at the cathedral’s intricate, gold-plated mosaics and glittering altars while your guide shares the history and symbolism of their religious motifs.
Continue on to the nearby Doge’s Palace (Palazzo Ducale), once again skipping the line. Hear stories and scandals of the powerful doges who once ruled over the Venetian Republic as you make your way through former government chambers and private apartments. Admire rich historic furnishings and paintings by Italian masters like Tintoretto, Titian, and Veronese, and then experience the palace’s darker side as you cross the notorious Bridge of Sighs into the prison complex.
After emerging back into the daylight, you can continue exploring St. Mark's Square on your own or return to your original departure point with your guide.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Child under 18 old must provide valid ID to have reduced price to museums
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the museums or churches
- It is forbidden to enter the Basilica with luggage, backpacks or voluminous bags.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Italian Vista Travel
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff