8 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
While in Veracruz, take a guided day trip to the historic towns of Tlacotalpan and Alvarado. Admire the beautiful colonial architecture of Alvarado and at the same time, gain insight into Mexico’s history after the Spanish conquest. In UNESCO-listed Tlacotalpan, see city landmarks and immerse yourself in the local art from the 19th and 20th centuries during visits to two charming museums. Hotel transport included.
- Day trip from Veracruz to Alvarado and Tlacotalpan
- Explore the port city of Alvarado and hear about Pedro de Alvarado, the Spanish conqueror who founded it
- Visit the town of Tlacotalpan, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Tour museums dedicated to local painter Salvador Ferrando and singer and composer Agustín Lara
- Pickup and drop-off from Veracruz hotels included
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Round-trip shared transfer
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick up from all Veracruz hotels if your hotel is out of the pickup area, please contact us to provide you with the nearest meeting point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 60 travelers
- OPERATED BY Amigo Tours Mexico
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Alvarado and Tlacotalpan Day Trip from Veracruz?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Alvarado and Tlacotalpan Day Trip from Veracruz?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Alvarado and Tlacotalpan Day Trip from Veracruz?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Compare Similar Experiences
Alvarado and Tlacotalpan Day Trip from Veracruz
2 hours 40 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsTours & SightseeingVeracruzBus Tours - Central MexicoHistorical Tours - Central MexicoFull-day Tours - Central MexicoCategory