- Full-day tour of Mauthausen Memorial from Vienna
- Take a moving audio tour of Mauthausen concentration camp and memorial
- Learn more about the Nazi regime, the camp and its liberation through multi-media exhibitions
- Great-value tour includes entrance fees, audio guide and round-trip transport from Vienna
- Private tour ensures a personalized experience
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We will pick up from any hotel, apartment, train station or cruise ship in Vienna.
What To Expect
Stroll around the harrowing site and listen to the audio commentary as you see the Wiener-Graben quarry, the SS-Quarters and the Camp Prison. Hear how some 200,000 people from all over Europe were imprisoned in Mauthausen between 1938 and 1945 as you walk between the Stairs of Death and the Gas Chamber, where almost half of them lost their lives.
Then, visit the recently re-opened Mauthausen Museum to learn more about the darkest days of Austria’s history, the Nazi regime and the Mauthausen concentration camp, which was one of the largest labor camp complexes in the Third Reich.
After an emotional and educational visit, meet your driver for the return journey and end your tour with drop-off at your hotel.
09:30am Tour start: Travel across Lower Austria to Mauthausen
11:45am Stopover in Mauthausen - appx. 3 hours
Self-guided Visit with audio-guide
2:45pm Departure for Vienna
Short stop for a snack at local restaurant (at own expense) - ca. 30 mins.
5:30pm Arrival in Vienna
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- We do not advise visiting the Mauthausen Memorial with children under the age of 14
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Vienna a la carte Reisebuero GmbH
If you cancel at least 10 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 15 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 9 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized