Are you interested in?
- 8-hour private tour of the Danube Valley from Vienna
- Travel in a private limousine or minivan
- Optional lunch cruise on the Danube
- Private tour for just you and your party
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any hotel, apartment, train station or cruise ship in Vienna.
What To Expect
Pass Krems, a wine town, on the way to your first stop in the medieval town of Dürnstein, where King Richard the Lionheart was imprisoned in the 12th century. Visit the abbey of St. Augustine to see its famous blue tower, as well as the rustic wine taverns, medieval courtyards, and the town hall. Opt for a hike up to the fortress to see where Richard the Lionheart was held prisoner, and stop to taste local apricot schnapps and marmalade.
Continue to Spitz, where you can opt to take a Danube river cruise, including lunch. Alternatively, stop at one of the Danube Valley's picturesque wineries for lunch.
After your meal, visit the Melk Abbey, which was founded 1000 years ago by the Benedictines. Your tickets are reserved in advance so you can skip the entry line, then take a private tour led by one of the monastery's own guides.
On the way back to Vienna, journey through the famous Vienna Woods.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Vienna a la carte Reisebuero GmbH
If you cancel at least 10 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 15 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 9 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized