You may also like
- Full-day private tour of Salzburg from Vienna
- Visit memorable filming locations from ‘The Sound of Music’
- See the Mirabell Palace, St Peter’s Abbey and the Archbishop’s Palace on a guided tour
- Explore Salzburg’s UNESCO-listed Old Town, the Hohensalzburg fortress and Mozart's birthplace
- Great-value tour includes hotel pick-up and round-trip transport by private car or minivan
- This private tour can be customized to your interests and ensures you’ll receive personalized attention from your guide
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any hotel, apartment, train station or cruise ship in Vienna.
What To Expect
Arrive in Salzburg around midday and embark on a 1.5-hour walking tour, accompanied by a local guide. Discover Salzburg’s fascinating history and heritage as you follow your guide to sights like Mozart's birthplace, the festival area of Kapitelplatz, the grand Salzburg Residenz and the Baroque Salzburg Cathedral. Along the way, see more ‘The Sound of Music’ filming locations as you peek into the cemetery of St. Peter’s Abbey, where the Trapp-family hid, and stroll the magnificent Mirabell Palace gardens, where the song ‘Do-Re-Mi’ was recorded.
Break for lunch (own expense), then spend the afternoon exploring Salzburg independently. Perhaps ride the funicular (own expense) to the hilltop Hohensalzburg fortress, visit the Mozart museum or shop for souvenirs in the UNESCO-listed Old Town.
Leave Salzburg around 4.30pm and travel back to Vienna, where you’ll end your tour with drop-off at your hotel around 7.30pm.
07:30am Tour start - Travel past the Vienna Woods and Melk Abbey to Linz
09:30am Stop for coffee and cake (at own expense) - ca. 30 minutes
10:50am Photo Stop at Lake Attersee - ca. 15 minutes
11:30am Explore Lakeside Town St. Gilgen - ca. 30 minutes
12:30pm Guided Walking Tour of Salzburg's Old Town - ca. 1,5 hours
02:00pm Free time in Salzburg for lunch, shopping and sightseeing - ca. 2,5 hours
04:30pm Departure for Vienna
7:30pm Arrival in Vienna. Hotel Drop-Off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Vienna a la carte Reisebuero GmbH
If you cancel at least 10 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 15 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 9 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- "Only saw a couple of places where some of the movie was shot so don't think you will see a lot relating to the movie." See review