3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore our promoted experiences
Experience the rare sensation of visiting a natural ice cave on this small-group tour. Board a Super Jeep in Vík and go off the beaten track into the Icelandic wilderness. You'll leave the regular tourist trail behind as you journey through a landscape of majestic mountains and glaciers toward the Katla Ice Cave.
- Go off the beaten track and leave the regular tourist trail behind
- Includes all necessary safety equipment for exploring the ice cave
- Get insights into the cave's history and geology from your guide
- Small-group tour: Ensures a personalized experience
Saved to wishlist!
Small group experience
Super Jeep Ride
Visit to a natural ice cave
Crampons for walking on the ice
English speaking knowledgeable guide
All required safety equipment
Food & drinks
Departure & Return
Austurvegur 20, 870 Vík, Iceland
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- It is important to note that this tour departs from Vik i Myrdal. Customers must make their own way to the meeting point in Vik town.
- What to bring: Warm clothing, waterproof jacket and pants, hiking boots, head-wear and gloves.
- This is a small group tour ensuring a more personalized experience. The guide to client ratio is 1:14.
- Minimum age: 6 years old.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Arctic Adventures
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Dragon Glass Katla Ice Cave Tour From Vik?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Dragon Glass Katla Ice Cave Tour From Vik?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsNature and WildlifeExtremeHalf-day ToursSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingVik4WD Tours - South IcelandSporting Events - South IcelandNature and Wildlife - South IcelandExtreme - South IcelandHalf-day Tours - South Iceland4WD Tours - SkaftafellSporting Events - SkaftafellNature and Wildlife - SkaftafellExtreme - SkaftafellHalf-day Tours - Skaftafell4WD Tours - ReykjavikSporting Events - ReykjavikNature and Wildlife - ReykjavikExtreme - ReykjavikHalf-day Tours - ReykjavikCategory