- Half-day hike on Sólheimajökull glacier
- All necessary equipment included
- Small group ensures personalized attention
- Learn about southern Iceland's flora and fauna
Departure & Return
We will see you at our meeting point 20 minutes before departure time at our trailer marked Troll Expeditions. You can look up on Google Maps "Tröll Expeditions Sólheimajökull" to find the exact location.
What To Expect
After a brisk walk, arrive on the glacier and take in the sight of the millennia-old blue ice while your guide sets you up with all necessary equipment. Led by your experienced guide, embark upon the walk of a lifetime across the compacted ice. Your guide adjusts the pace and level of difficulty according to the needs and abilities of the group. Relax, knowing you are in careful hands, as your guide explains all about the formation of the glacier and how it is changing.
Take the time to soak up the eerie quietness and sense of isolation as you stand atop the glacier tongue. On a clear day, admire the view of the ice cap-covered volcano Eyjafjallajökull, which famously brought European air traffic to a halt when it erupted in 2010.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Minimum age is 8 years
- Good hiking shoes are necessary
- Please be at the starting location 15 minutes prior to tour departure.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- OPERATED BY Troll Expeditions
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "No climbing is necessary using harnesses or pick axes, just basic crampons, hiking boots, and a pick axe to help as a walking stick." See review