3 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
See the wild elephants and other wildlife of Uda Walawe National Park with an experienced private guide in a sturdy 4WD-vehicle. Located just south of the Central Highlands, Uda Walawe features a dramatic landscape that provides prime opportunities to see herds of wild elephants, with viewing that rivals the famous safaris of East Africa. Uda Walawe is also home to other animals such as water buffalo, wild boar, fox, toque macaque, and jungle cats including leopards. A safari in this national park is a must-do while visiting Sri Lanka.
- Private safari tour of Uda Walawe National Park, in Sri Lanka
- Learn about the animals from the guide’s informative commentary
- Experience the beauty and wildlife of Sri Lanka’s premier national park
- Look for leopards, painted storks, sambar deer and more
Saved to wishlist!
Private Safari Jeep (Maximum of 6 Passengers per jeep).
Experienced Driver (Also your tracker).
Free Pickup/Drop off from/to any location within the radius of 5 KM from the Park Gate.
Water bottle (per-person).
Hotel pickup and drop-off if outside of 5km of park entrance gate
Entrance fees for Jeep-only bookings (entrance fees to be paid in cash)
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Park Gates of Udawalawe National Park
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- If you are booking a half-day safari, advise if it is a Morning or Evening safari.
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- Not recommended for child aged 5 years or under
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Lakpura LLC
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Udawalawe National Park Private Safari?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Udawalawe National Park Private Safari?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Udawalawe National Park Private Safari?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Udawalawe National Park Private Safari?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Would recommend a half day tour instead of a full day tour but beyond that this was a fantastic trip." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Udawalawe National Park Private Safari
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsNature and WildlifeSafarisExtremeHalf-day ToursSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingYala National Park4WD Tours - Southern ProvinceSporting Events - Southern ProvinceNature and Wildlife - Southern ProvinceSafaris - Southern ProvinceExtreme - Southern ProvinceHalf-day Tours - Southern Province4WD Tours - HambantotaSporting Events - HambantotaNature and Wildlife - HambantotaSafaris - HambantotaExtreme - HambantotaHalf-day Tours - Hambantota4WD Tours - Nuwara EliyaSporting Events - Nuwara EliyaNature and Wildlife - Nuwara EliyaSafaris - Nuwara EliyaExtreme - Nuwara EliyaHalf-day Tours - Nuwara EliyaCategory