8 to 9 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
If you're visiting San Francisco and want to spend a day or more in Yosemite, enjoy a flexible way to get to the park, with the option to return the same day or later. Skip the hassle of renting a car and trying to get park passes that often sell out, and simply enjoy the ride to Yosemite Valley. See the giant sequoias at Tuolumne Grove, then enjoy the rest of the day to hike and explore on your own. (Please note: return transport and hotel stays are not included and must be booked separately.)
- Convenient one-way transfer from San Francisco to Yosemite Valley
- No need to rent a car or book park passes months in advance
- Includes pickup from San Francisco hotels and a park orientation
- It's the only transfer with flexibility to return any day you want
Saved to wishlist!
Expert guide and commentary
San Francisco Hotel pickup and drop-off (most hotels in downtown San Francisco)
Yosemite National Park entrance fee (for San Francisco to Yosemite option only)
Child safety seat for children under 8 years old or 4' 9" (1.4 meters) required
Food and drinks, unless specified
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
For San Francisco to Yosemite: Hotel pickup is offered from most hotels in downtown San Francisco/Fisherman's Wharf area (but do not pick up outside SF city limits)
For Yosemite to San Francisco: Meeting point is near Shuttle Stop #7 which is by the Yosemite Valley Lodge (9006 Yosemite Lodge Drive) at around 3:00 pm (exact time to be confirmed by calling tour operator directly on day of return)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Wheelchair accessible
- The Giant Sequoias Grove is located at a higher elevation and the hike is dependent on trail conditions, especially from October through May. Ice and snow might make the trail unsafe to hike. The decision of whether it is safe to go on the hike will be made on a day by day basis. Therefore, a visit cannot be guaranteed. However, while the trail might be closed, guests get to spend more time in Yosemite Valley. There you can see all the other great sights Yosemite has to offer, including El Capitan, Inspiration Point, Half Dome, Yosemite Falls and more.
- Access to the Sequoia Grove can be difficult during winter months, generally October through April, and other activities may be substituted at the discretion of the guide.
- California law requires tour guests to bring a car safety seat for all children under 8 years and under 4' 9" (1.4 meters) in height. Any guest that does not provide their child's safety seat at the time of the tour and does not inform the tour operator may not be allowed to board the tour and will not be subject to refund.
- Tour makes stops for breakfast, lunch, and on the trip back for dinner. Meals are not included.
- For hotel pickups, please select the Hilton Union Square if your hotel is not listed.
- During winter months, temperatures in Yosemite can vary drastically to the ones in San Francisco. Therefore, it is recommend to wear winter clothes, especially shoes or boots with rubber soles and treads.
- Exact destinations & itinerary may differ due to weather, road conditions, and the guide's discretion.
- Audio guides are available in Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, French, German, Korean, Mandarin and Japanese. Specify language at time of booking under special requirements.
- Nightly deep cleaning and disinfecting fogging by certified crew
- Tour vehicles operating at below their capacity so we can grant passenger requests for empty adjacent seats
- Mandatory temperature checks and wearing masks whilst on tour
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 41 travelers
- OPERATED BY Extranomical Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during San Francisco to Yosemite One-Way Transfer?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during San Francisco to Yosemite One-Way Transfer?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during San Francisco to Yosemite One-Way Transfer?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during San Francisco to Yosemite One-Way Transfer?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
San Francisco to Yosemite One-Way Transfer
8 to 9 hours
7 hours 30 minutes
6 hours 15 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursAudio GuidesNature and WildlifeFull-day ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingTransfers & Ground TransportSan FranciscoYosemite National ParkBus Tours - CaliforniaAudio Guides - CaliforniaNature and Wildlife - CaliforniaFull-day Tours - CaliforniaBus Tours - Napa & SonomaAudio Guides - Napa & SonomaNature and Wildlife - Napa & SonomaFull-day Tours - Napa & SonomaBus Tours - San FranciscoAudio Guides - San FranciscoNature and Wildlife - San FranciscoFull-day Tours - San FranciscoCategory