- Visit Postojna Cave on foot and by train
- Ride the funicular to Ljubljana Castle
- Enjoy free time to explore on your own
- Pickup and drop-off at centrally-located Zagreb hotels
Departure & Return
Our guide will wait in front of the Meteorological station. This is a small display that shows temperature and barometric pressure on the north side of the park.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Upon arrival, stretch your legs on a walking tour through the historic heart of Ljubljana, whose symbol is a fire-breathing, mythical dragon, and learn about local culture and traditions. Board a glassed-in funicular for the trip up to Ljubljana Castle, where you’ll have panoramic views across the city.
Enjoy some free time after Ljubljana Castle to keep exploring on your own or grab a drink in a local café, then meet back up with the group for the return trip to Postojna.
Then, go underground into a web of tunnels, passages, halls, and galleries at Postojna Caves. Admire the intricate karst formations, then ride a narrow-gauge train through the cave. Following the tour, continue to Ljubljana, the capital of Slovenia.
Finally board your transport to return to Zagreb, where your tour concludes.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Instant confirmation at the time of your booking.
- Small group for a GREAT experience (maximum 8 participants)
- You must confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are at the sole responsibility of the traveler
- A moderate amount of walking with some steep parts is involved
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- The temperature in the cave is around 8 Celsius (46 Fahrenheit), please wear appropriate warm clothes.
- The tour operates in all weather conditions.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Petros d.o.o
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms