Explore our promoted experiences
- Visit Heidiland and Liechtenstein on a day trip from Zurich
- In Rapperswil, you'll see its medieval castle and have free time
- See amazing views of the Swiss Alps and alpine lakes
- Travel to Vaduz, the capital of the Principality of Liechtenstein
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
On arrival, marvel at the towering turrets of the medieval castle and then enjoy some leisurely free time to explore independently. Return to your vehicle and capture panoramic photographs of the Alps as you cross the Ricken Pass and arrive in Toggenberg, a gorgeous region replete with swooping valleys and beautiful mountain scenery.
Next, cross the border to Vaduz, capital of the minute Principality of Liechtenstein, and spend more leisurely free time discovering the charm of the city. Visit the Post Office to catch a glimpse of its highly prized stamps and then return to the coach for the short journey to Maienfield, the stunning setting of the Heidi stories.
Take a pleasant stroll to a collection of mountain houses and absorb incredible views of the surrounding mountains. Opt to visit the Heidi House at your own expense and then gaze at the picturesque banks of Lake Walen as you travel back to Zurich by coach.
Please note: In wintertime, visit the quaint village of Werdenberg instead of Maienfeld.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note Heidi's Village is closed during the winter months (November to March). You'll visit the quaint Swiss village of Werdenberg instead
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 60 travelers
- OPERATED BY Hans Meier Tourist
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Heidiland and Liechtenstein Tour from Zurich: Two Countries in One Day.
- "This is a definite must if you are traveling to Zurich." See review
- "Although the company mentioned it is accessible, I think anyone on wheelchair would have found it difficult to navigate, so I wouldn't recommend to anyone on wheels." See review
- "Hardly necessary to stop outside Fraumunster when there was no time to do anything." See review