- Full-day roundtrip cheese and chocolate tour to the Switzerland mountains
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 16 people ensures personalized attention
- Guided coach tour to Appenzell and to the cheese factory in Stein with cheese tasting
- Taste fresh milk at a typical Swiss farm and visit an enchanting herbal garden
- Take the aerial cable car to Mt. Hoher Kasten for views over the Rhine Valley
- Visit a boutique chocolate manufacture and enjoy a chocolate tasting
- Receive a goodie bag of Swiss delicacies worth at least CHF 50
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Visit a local cheese factory to uncover the production secrets behind Appenzeller cheese during a cheese tasting, and then continue to Brulisau to experience panoramic vistas of the dramatic Swiss Alps. Ride an aerial cable car to the snow-capped summit of Mt Hoher Kasten and capture breathtaking views from an altitude of 6,000 feet (1,800 meters).
Enjoy a unique dining experience in the mountaintop’s revolving restaurant (own expense) and stroll through the beautiful Alpine Garden before returning to sea level for a short walking tor of Appenzell.
Visit a boutique chocolate manufacture and indulge your sweet tooth with delectable Swiss chocolate during a tasting.
After thoroughly exploring the region, return to your vehicle and return to Zurich with a goodie bag full of Swiss delicacies collected at the visited attractions throughout the day.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Best of Switzerland Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Swiss Cheese, Chocolates and Mountains Small-Group Tour from Zurich.
- "Overall, it was nice to get out of the city, walk around Appenzell, which was actually kind of quiet (best to avoid Mondays for this tour since some family-owned stores close on Monday and stay open on Saturday instead)." See review
- "Best to include a detailed guided visit of these two sites and information about the making of Chocolate and cheese." See review